Carlos Guindel is an Industrial Engineer who graduated in 2012 from the Universidad Carlos III de Madrid and received his M. Sc. Degree in Robotics and Automation in 2014. In 2015, he started his Ph.D. within the Intelligent Systems Lab, where he had been working for more than two years as part of several R&D projects related to Intelligent Transportation Systems in collaboration with partner companies. He has expertise in real-time and embedded systems and his current research interests lie in the fields of computer vision, artificial intelligence and machine learning.
- C. Guindel, D. Martín, and J. M. Armingol, “Traffic Scene Awareness for Intelligent Vehicles using ConvNets and Stereo Vision,” Rob. Auton. Syst., vol. 112, pp. 109–122, 2019.
- C. Guindel, D. Martín, and J. M. Armingol, “Fast Joint Object Detection and Viewpoint Estimation for Traffic Scene Understanding,” IEEE Intell. Transp. Syst. Mag., vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 74–86, 2018.
- Runner-up prize for best student paper. IEEE International Conference on Vehicular Electronics and Safety. September 2018.
- Two runner-up prizes for best computer vision paper. Jornadas de Automática CEA. September 2015 and September 2016.
- Excellence Award for outstanding academic record. Consejo Social de la Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. June 2011.